I had breakfast with my boyfriend today, it was great as usual. Today we made Pumpkin French Toast.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 9 slices Texas toast (or other white bread such as Challah or French bread)
- Butter, for griddle
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350 degrees (a non-stick skillet set over medium heat also works fine). In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger until well combined. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Butter griddle and dip bread into egg mixture (allowing a few seconds for it to absorb mixture. I also squeeze gently to soak the mixture to center), then rotate and coat opposite side. Transfer to griddle and cook until golden brown on bottom, then lift, butter griddle once more and flip french toast to opposite side and cook until golden brown. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
Him and I used Cinnamon Raisin Bread and since we only used five slices of bread, we decided to just add three eggs instead of four.
We also made Earl Grey Vanilla tea. My boyfriend makes the best tea. We added a little bit of butter to our finished product as well as sugar and cinnamon.