This is one of my favourite posts to write about. I love expressing gratitude, and sharing with everyone what I am thankful for throughout my life.
I would love to hear what everyone is thankful for, as well.
- I am thankful that I was able to say goodbye to my Papa, before he had passed away, and during his funeral. I know in most countries that people weren’t able to have a funeral because of Covid-19 protocols. My sister and I talked to my uncle who was visiting his Dad, and we talked to him via FaceTime. It wasn’t how I had wished to say goodbye to him, but I am thankful that I was able to say goodbye to him. I was able to thank my Grandpa for all of the memories, and love he gave to me.
- As I looked back I realize how lucky I was to have all of these years with my Grandpa. I know a lot of people from my school, and others growing up with, they didn’t get to have as many years as I did with my Grandpa.
- My family and I haven’t been able to see each other since Christmas of 2019, but we able to see each other from a distance during the funeral. That was bittersweet.
- When I was with my niece the other day, she was listening to music, and one them had said, “I love you”, and I heard her say that to me for the first time. She even looked away from her iPad, and said that to my face. So precious!
- I am thankful that I am able to find comfort of the loss with my books. I had a bit of a reading slump for a little while.