The rules are simple, you get rid of things from your life, either by selling them, throwing them away, or donating them. On the first day, you remove one item, and then on the second day, you remove two items, you keep on playing until it’s the end of the month, or whenever you run out of things to remove from your life. It is okay if you can’t make it until the end of the month. Personally, I would rather see items get donated, or sold to someone else. If you must throw something away, I hope it’s because it isn’t fixable. Even if you have removed three items from your life, you should still be proud of that, because it is three more things you removed before the challenge. But if you are able to complete this challenge, you would have gotten rid of almost 500 items! That’s a lot of stuff.
If you are participating, I would love to know what you are parting with, feel free to let me know in the comments. This is such a fun way to welcome Spring cleaning.
This is from Saturday March 13th.
In the first photo, I am giving away…
- Eight tins of tea, two of them I gave to my sister, so she can fill them up for part of her daughter, and step son’s surprise for Easter.
- A dancing flower, it dances when it has sun shining on it. I think my niece will get a kick out of that.
- A pumpkin for my cousin, she loves Halloween. I don’t have any purpose for it anymore.
- A candle that got recycled
- This light up butterfly that I will ask my cousin if she wants to have this, too. I kind of grow out of it.
- A pair of socks that I don’t wear.
Is anyone decluttering their belongings right now for Spring cleaning? I would love to know about your journey, and if you need any help.
You must be logged in to post a comment.